In need of some stress

I haven't written about anything but dating for the last 6 months and I've been thinking for the last few days that I really do have more to my life than just dating.

I started a new job back in March and today marks exactly 7 months since the new adventure begin.

To be honest there's been ups and downs in the new role and although in the early days I was sure it was the best move for my career, I find myself looking back and wondering did I just take the easy option?

I've definitely learnt some things by being on the insurance side of the fence, but the training and knowledge I was promised at the interview and in the first couple of months just hasn't come to fruition.  Which has lead me to question what my next move is, and how long until I'm forced to make that move for more of a challenge. 

Yes my job is super busy, clients and workers can be difficult and demanding, but I find myself sometimes trying to guide my clients in prevention of injuries rather than just managing their claims. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not unhappy in my job, just not being challenged or learning as much as I'd hoped. I think another part is that I couldn't be stressed in this job to save my life and possibly I'm one of those people that thrive with a little bit of stress.

Since my house was finished, the money stress settled down and changing jobs to no stress, just means there's no real stress on perceived stress from silly things like putting on weight/not losing enough weight, still being single and juggling my social commitments... And none of that is actually stressful. 

So that's where I'm at in my career - confused and possibly even a little unmotivated.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where The Energy Is At

A number with too much meaning

Ego v Romantic Interest