Perfection

Right now in this moment, I feel that my life is truly perfect, my heart and soul are full, I am on the exact path (or dirt track really) that I'm supposed to be. 

I got to wake up this morning and reflect on the awesome weekend I've had, where I've seen so many of my loved ones, laughed, cried (thanks Anna and the isa family), shared stories on the struggles, celebrated success and got to acknowledge that, as much as I absolutely love Perth and it's home, my life right now is in Sydney and it's profoundly changed my life for the better. 

You might say well she doesn't have a partner, kids, lives far from her family and isn't the thinnest/prettiest/whatever girl in the room... My answer to all you haters and negative Nancy's out there is - how's about you walk a day in my shoes and feel the amount of love, health and happiness I have in my life, you might be surprised to find that it's the same, if not more than you. 

Yeh I live a long way from my family, I miss my parents, my nieces (100%!!), my grandma and my sisters, but that's ok because we make time to communicate by calling regularly, using FaceTime (so awesome to be able to watch my nieces grow up not just through a photo here and there) and by really making the most of my time with them while I'm here right now.

I've also met some amazing people in Sydney - one who is related to me somewhere very distantly (Kate - you're an absolute legend!) that have made it so easy for me to settle quickly. Sydney feels no different to Perth for me now. 

So what I don't have a man in my life?!  I have amazing role models in my parents and grandparents on what love looks like, I know what I want, I trust that right now I'm working on me so that I can be the best partner when I meet someone, but I'm not willing to compromise myself, my beliefs or my dreams for any man. 

On the kids front, well I know I want them at some point but I'm not going to have one for the sake of it, I want to be in a loving relationship that will nurture and support that child in the way my parents have me. Because I would not be the person I am without them, they are phenomenal and encourage me to be everything and anything I want at any given moment. 

And really let's be honest about not being the thinnest or the prettiest or whatever someone wants to take you down for... WHO CARES?!! This is who I am, so take it or leave it! I am working on myself everyday, but that's for me and me alone, I no longer care what anyone else thinks and this has been one of the most freeing beliefs I've ever had. 

I now choose to surround myself with likeminded people, people who care about themselves and their families, people who are willing to take action and make changes in their lives if they recognise the need, people who are genuinely happy like me.

I choose to be happy, I choose to be healthy and I choose to be me - not gonna pretend to be anyone else.

So here I am sitting at Kings Park, reflecting on how amazing and perfect life is, all because of the choices I've made in the last 4 months. 

I'd love to hear if you're on a similar journey to me, what you're doing, what struggles you've come up against and how you've faced them.  Or if you want to know a bit more about my journey feel free to leave a comment and I'll get back to you.

Much love to you all and thank you so much for being a part of my life and following my journey ❤️


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where The Energy Is At

A number with too much meaning

Ego v Romantic Interest