A weighty matter

Anyone who's read this blog will tell you it's about my dating experiences and occasionally I'll write about something different.

Don't get me wrong, I am still on the hunt for love and still dating, but it is not something I obsess about like I used to and last year I realized I've obsessed about my weight for a lot longer than I have about dating. 

I've never been so honest about my weight but I need to get past the walls that have been holding me back, which is why I now feel I've got to talk about it openly and honestly. 

Since high school my weight has fluctuated between 75kg and 85kg (a tight size 12 to a comfy size 16) with it only ever going below 75kg when I did extreme diets of basically not eating for a day or two, only to have it bounce back up just as quick.

So it was time to take action... And the positive change really started when my mum told me that I should address my weight once and for all, and shouldn't accept many doctors answers that my weight (which at the time was about 83kg with a BMI that said I was obese), was 'just how I was supposed to be' after years of attempting almost every diet under the sun, including eating right and exercising. 

After much doctor shopping I found one who agreed something could and should be done to help me, so I started on the duromine bandwagon and managed to loose about 13-14kgs over about an 8 month period (with a 5 week Europe trip in there) plus developed a love for exercise. 

Over this time I've been able to keep most of it off and reached what was my goal weight of 68.5kg the day before my 30th birthday. As you can imagine this was an epic milestone for me, couldn't have been happier, other than the fact I still had, well have, a jelly belly.

I don't care if I never have a flat stomach but when the rest of you is pretty thin, exercise 5-6 days a week, reach a healthy BMI and weight, a protruding jelly belly definitely didn't make me feel like I'd reached my goals.

So now with the new year I know it's time to start a new journey and with having moved to a new city, I have a new focus... Loosing my jelly belly, but more importantly reaching the best possible health of my life.

I started a 30 day nutritional cleanse and 16 week body challenge yesterday and I'm so excited to see what I can achieve with nourishing my body.

The picture on the left is me from about 6-7 years ago when I think I was at my heaviest (found it yesterday) and I'm so disgusted that I thought I looked ok, the one on the right is from yesterday, day 1 of my new journey. I've definitely come a long way and I can celebrate that success, but I still have a ways to go.
I hope you follow my journey and that I can inspire you to be at your best possible health too.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where The Energy Is At

A number with too much meaning

Ego v Romantic Interest